Wrathell, Hunt and Associates, LLC
Phone: (561) 571-0010
Fax: (561) 571-0013
Toll-free: (877) 276-0889
Advantages to Local Government
• Provides local government with a single public entity responsible in perpetuity for the capital, operations, and maintenance of infrastructure in the community.
• High quality of development associated with planned communities located in the Districts provides additional tax base to the local government.
• Prevents needless proliferation, duplication, and fragmentation of local general purpose governments.
• Provides a timely, efficient, effective, responsive, and economic way to deliver basic community infrastructure and services.
• “Growth pays for Growth” – additional infrastructure required by new growth is paid for entirely by the new growth and not the local government and its existing residents.
• The indebtedness of Districts do not constitute a liability of the local government.
Financial Advantages to the Developer
• The Developer does not have to use its own or borrowed funds to build infrastructure.
• Debt Structures offer the flexibility of using both long-term and/or short-term financing
• Municipal Bonds provide tax-exempt, low-cost financing
• District Bonds are easily marketable to the investor community.
• Infrastructure costs are paid for by new growth within the District.
Non-Financial Advantages to the Developer
• Districts relieves the Developer from most aspects of landowner relations.
• Provide for the long-term operation & maintenance functions in perpetuity.
• Allow for flexibility in project staging.
• “Growth pays for Growth” – additional infrastructure required by new growth is paid for entirely by the new growth and not the developer.
Advantages to the Residents
Copyright © Wrathell, Hunt & Associates, LLC., 2016. All rights reserved.
Website created by sealebration creations.